Home Forums Queries on Biotechnology & Life Sciences Careers btech biotechnology/ btech biomedical engineering

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tanmoy Ray 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chaarvi narang

hello sir,
    i have just given my twelfth board exams and am confused as to what to do my btech in. i’m confused as to if i should do btech biotechnology/ btech biomedical engineering. i do know what both these fields pertain to and also know that my choice should depend on my interest but what i’m confused about is the scope in these fields. what i want to know is which field has the most scope. i would like to go for masters/ phD after btech abroad(preferably usa) so in which field should i do a btech in so that i can get into a good masters program which could fetch me a high paying job relatively quickly.

Tanmoy Ray
    Keymaster

Hi Charvi,

Both the fields have got good scopes. However, there are a few pros and cons to both.

If you intend to do your B.Tech from India and then work in the core domain, Biotechnology could be a better field. There are very few core jobs in India for B.Tech Biomedical Engineering graduates.

But, if you want to expand your horizon, Biomedical Engineering degree can open up more avenues. You can easily switch to other industries like IT, Consulting, Manufacturing etc.

If you have got plans to go for Masters abroad straightaway after B.Tech, then both Biotech and Biomedical Engineering are good fields.

If you wish to discuss on a call, please feel free to book a session (30/60 minutes) here: https://www.stoodnt.com/counselor-detail/tanmoy-ray

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.